Who doesn’t want to look and feel younger? There so many exponential advances coming in the future to help reverse the effects of aging but until they arrive, food is the most powerful drug you can use to stay young.
Only 10 percent of age-related disease is genetic which leaves a whopping 90 percent that is caused by your lifestyle. You can help to ensure that you age gracefully simply by tweaking your lifestyle, or more specifically, your food.
This “food first” philosophy, means making smart decisions about the foods you eat. Basically choosing foods that are nutrient-dense, packed with antioxidants, and staying clear of more harmful foods, or as I like to call it, becoming a “Qualitarian“.
Ready to start growing young? Here are three tips to help you grow young
Enjoy More MUFAs!
What’s a MUFA? MUFAs are monounsaturated fats (but MUFA is more fun to say). Consuming MUFAs like coconut oil, ghee, chia seeds, flaxseeds, avocados and yes, even dark chocolate can keep your skin supple and your heart and brain going at their optimal levels.
Be More Colorful.
When you eat more fruits, veggies (especially the leafy green variety), nuts and seeds, your body uses those antioxidants to detox altering your gene expression; or making you look (and feel) younger. For example, the carotenoids [plant pigments] that give carrots, and peppers and other veggies their orangey coloring help to protect your skin.
If you need meat, try to use it as a condiment and not as the focus of a meal. Avoid inflammatory foods like dairy and more importantly, stick to eating a diet rich in plants; the more colorful, the better!
Choose Your Protein Carefully.
This is when being a Qualitarianbecomes really important. Select your proteins with care because you deserve quality. I like to include proteins like organic lentils, beans raw nuts and seeds, as well as, fermented tofu and tempeh. Feeling wild? Choose wild-caught, cold-water fish like salmon and halibut.
amzn_assoc_placement = “adunit0”;
amzn_assoc_search_bar = “true”;
amzn_assoc_tracking_id = “welldess-20”;
amzn_assoc_ad_mode = “manual”;
amzn_assoc_ad_type = “smart”;
amzn_assoc_marketplace = “amazon”;
amzn_assoc_region = “US”;
amzn_assoc_title = “My Amazon Picks”;
amzn_assoc_linkid = “7f91a3bff5e44ff320109e4933b12884”;
amzn_assoc_asins = “B001EO5Q64,B004LK3SIQ,B004O8EGUO,B00112EUPM”;