Another day, another delicious cake I decided to amp up the protein and the chocolate level. So if you need chocolate, protein, or just a dessert fix, here’s the recipe for you
Chocolate Protein cake
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup Nutiva hemp protein powder
- *1/2 cup Vega vanilla protein
- *1/2 cup Further Food chocolate collagen peptides (cacao powder works too)
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 1 cup Zint xylitol
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
Preheat to 350F and lightly grease two 8-inch round pans with coconut oil. In a large bowl, stir the almond and spelt flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together. Next add the almond milk, vinegar, and vanilla. Stir till combined.
Pour evenly into the prepared pans. Bake for 20-25 minutes. let the cakes cool before frosting.
In between the cakes, I smeared a compote of berries and stevia that I’d cooked together. And frost with what you’d like. I whipped together peanut flour, vanilla protein powder, stevia, and non-fat Greek yogurt.
*Ps- You can use almond flour in place of hemp flour and vanilla protein powder. However, you’ll want to add another 1/3 cup of sugar for sweetness.